Professional Development for DCS Employees
Any employee who may want to advance their career or who is interested in learning more about a certain position in the organization may review the Professional Development manual (PD manual) on-line or visit the Professional Development Office to review a hard copy of the manual. This PD manual will provide employees with a road map from their current position to any other position within Dallas County Schools. The Professional Development Department has created a Professional Development Profile for each position identifying minimum skills required for each position. To access these profiles you can link to each profile below:
- Transportation Profile
- Technology Profile
- Risk Management/Facilities Profile
- Human Resources Profile
- Professional Development Profile
- Business Profile
- Administration Profile
In addition to that profile, we have included a list of Suggested Courses that employees can tap into to acquire certain professional skills.
The Professional Development Department will also provide counseling to those who want more information or may have questions about the professional development process.
Employees will have access to Professional Development training in many different formats:
- Online Access – Employees will be able to view the Professional Development plan and access the Professional Development course calendar by accessing our DCS website at www.dcschools.com
- Online Streaming of Courses – A number of Professional Development courses will be offered through our website and may be streamed on a computer.
- Professional Development Workshops – Throughout the year Professional Development courses will be offered at the DCS Administration building and the list of those courses can be found on our website.
- Courses at Community College Campuses – Employees will find many courses that have been researched as possible Professional Development courses that are offered on evenings and weekends in our Suggested Course List. (Employees should review the Educational Reimbursement Plan for any limitations on cost.)
Educational Assistance Plan
Dallas County Schools is also committed to providing employees the opportunity to advance their careers through academic avenues. The DCS Board of Trustees has provided employees the opportunity to receive reimbursement for college courses as they work toward earning a degree. Please take time to read the information provided in the Educational Assistance Plan document. After you have completed your course work and have received your passing grades, please download the Educational Assistance Plan Application and bring to the Professional Development Office with your grades and receipts.
Professional Development Department Contacts:
Director: Deanne Hullender
Coordinator: Bea Rodriguez
Office: (214) 944-4540
Office: (214) 944-4575
Fax: (214) 944-4552