REPORTS TO: Safety/Training Coordinator
JOB POSTING NO.: 160519-000Q-01A
LOCATION: Training and Technology Center
SALARY RANGE: $38,130.72 - $46,494.98 (Commensurate w/ Education and Experience)
CLOSING DATE: May 26, 2016
Primary Purpose: Teach assigned classes are the primary function and the knowledge to do the following when needed. To interpret, implement, monitor and report on the status of DCS’s safety programs. Formulate and implement appropriate corrective safety measures in response to district losses. To respond to and investigate accidents, injuries and losses sustained by DCS.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Current Texas Class “A” or “B” Commercial Driver’s License, with “P” and “S” endorsements with the only accepted restrictions being “A”, “I”, “J”, “K”, “M”
- Current DPS certification for School Bus Drivers
- Driving record with 3 or less penalty points
- Current Texas School Bus Driver medical examination
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Computer skills and experience using MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of State and Federal rules pertaining to pupil transportation
- General knowledge of operations/safety pertaining to transportation operations
- First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving and General Safety (OSHA)
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Dallas County Schools or other work experience which demonstrates the ability to effectively conduct driver’s education, fleet safety or fleet management and vehicle incident investigations.
Download Full Job Description