Safety Training Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Risk Management
JOB POSTING NO.: 160128-0114-01A
LOCATION: Technology & Training Center (TTC)
SALARY RANGE: $62,427.98 - $76,130.36 (Commensurate w/ Education & Experience)
CLOSING DATE: February 04, 2016
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To manage the implementation and monitoring of employee safety training and safety programs as required by Federal and State laws and incompliance with DCS Policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ex: G.E.D.)
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Current Texas Class “A” or “B” Commercial Driver’s License, with “P” and “S” endorsement with the only accepted restrictions being “A”, “I”, “J”, “K”, “M”
- Current DPS certification for School Bus Drivers
- Current Texas School Bus Driver medical examination
Experience/Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience and ability to make oral presentation before large group of people.
- Certified Drug/Alcohol Awareness Program training.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and experience using MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of State and Federal rules pertaining to pupil transportation.
- General knowledge of operations/safety pertaining to transportation operations.
- First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving and General Safety (OSHA).
- Minimum of 5 years applicable transportation experience.
- At least 3 years as a Supervisor
Download Full Job Description