REPORTS TO: Chief of Police or Designee
JOB POSTING NO.: Pooled Position
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate w/ Education & Experience
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
In preparation for our growth we are accepting applications for Police Officer positions and future positions.
ELIGIBILITY LIST: A final eligibility list will be created based upon a combination of the applicant’s Preliminary Interview score and Oral Interview score. The applicants will be listed in order of final score.
LENGTH OF HIRING PROCESS: The entire pre-employment process is based on the most qualified applicant(s) being processed first; therefore, the length of the process may vary with each applicant. The application process is valid for one year from the date of the Preliminary Interview. Those eliminated in the process will remain ineligible for one year from the date of elimination.
SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
- General knowledge of criminal investigation, police report writing and criminal laws
- Bondable as required by Texas Education Code 37.081(h).
- Educational law enforcement experience preferred
- Training and ability to subdue offenders, including use of firearms and handcuffs
- Ability to pass required physical, psychiatric, polygraph and drug examinations
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills
- Good attendance record for the last 5 years
- Acceptable computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (2010 Preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Organizational skills as needed for filing.
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to speak, read and write Spanish preferred
- Texas Peace Officer license issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED), Plus 30 College Hours from an Accredited College or University
Download Full Job Description