REPORTS TO: Chief of Police
JOB POSTING NO.: 160129-0115-01A
SALARY RANGE: $62,427.98 - $76,130.36 (Commensurate w/ Education & Experience)
CLOSING DATE: February 10, 2016
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The position supports and provides assistance to the Chief of Police in the development, administration, coordination and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and activities. Ensures the delivery of services meets the needs of the department's customers and may act as the Chief of Police during the Chief's absence.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; years of related training and experience, knowledge, skills and past job performance may be substituted for a Baccalaureate degree.
- TCOLE Master’s Peace Officer Certification
- Completion of Command and Management College (ILEA), Bill Blackwood Institute (LEMIT) or equivalent.
- Significant working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including word, excel, power point, etc.
Experience/Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be innovative, proactive, flexible and have a creative management approach and use new technology to enhance operations.
- Must demonstrate prioritization skills, maximize existing resources and develop additional resources to meet the needs of the department.
- Must be dedicated to developing and enhancing effective relationships between the police department, the administration and the customers.
- Demonstrated skills in identifying, hiring and retaining police and school resource officers.
- Develop and implement departmental plans, goals and continue to update to stay ahead of changes in the community.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on numerous projects and complete projects in a timely manner.
Download Full Job Description