Executive Director of Transportation
Reports to: Superintendent
Job Posting No.: 20170803-25
Directs the day-to-day operations of Pupil Transportation and Vehicle maintenance. Develops and administers through Area Directors, a safe, effective, and efficient pupil transportation program that conforms to all federal and state laws and regulations. Directly supervises Area Directors and indirectly supervises all service center personnel in the Transportation Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Ten (10) or more years supervisory experience in transportation operations, preferably with school districts;
- Five (5) years or more at Director or Management level
- Clear and Valid Driver’s License (CDL) with School Bus (S) endorsement, Passenger (P) endorsement.
- Completed 20 Hour Bus Driver Certification Course
- Ability to direct and manage operations of a large fleet of vehicles
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of routing processes and software and vehicle repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of Texas Education Agency Transportation Reporting
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relevant to pupil transportation
- Knowledge of vehicle repair and maintenance
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as to provide in service to employees