Director of Technology & Information Services
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
JOB POSTING NO.: 160901-0151-01A
LOCATION: Italy, Texas
SALARY RANGE: $79,554.26 + (Commensurate w/ Education and Experience)
CLOSING DATE: September 9, 2016
Direct and manage the information systems and computer services for the district. Ensure efficient and effective access to information and related technology by all campuses, administrative departments, and service centers. Facilitate the effective use of computers and other technology in instructional programs district-wide. Assist in the development of short and long-range plans for the integration of technology into the instructional program. Implement and coordinate the technology staff development and training program.
Education and Certification:
- Associate’s degree in computer science or electronics and or certification such as MCSE, CNE, ATT, CCNA, CCIE.CNI
- Other requirements as set forth by the Superintendent
- Knowledge of computer workstation setup (identify requirement-i.e. Novell workstation).
- Broad knowledge of computer hardware and software applications.
- Knowledge of various operating systems (UNIX, DOS, Apple).
- Knowledge of software used to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing.
- Ability to detect and resolve problems.
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
- Knowledge of curriculum design implementation
- Ability to develop and deliver technology training to adult learners.
- Knowledge of technologies available for use in instructional setting.
- Ability to manage budget and personnel; coordinate district function
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Three years experience in supervision and management of an information systems department for large and small organizations
- Three years teaching experience
- Four years experience working with computer hardware and instructional software applications
- Experience with Classroom Instruction
Download Full Job Description