Administrative Assistant (Police)
REPORTS TO: Chief of Police
JOB POSTING NO.: 160411-720G-01A
SALARY RANGE: $31,513.44 - $38,438.08 (Commensurate w/ Education & Experience)
CLOSING DATE: April 25, 2016
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To assist the Chief of Police with the efficient operation of the Police Department office and to provide clerical services to the Police Chief and other staff members. Organize and manage routine work activities of the police department, handle confidential information. Position will have frequent contact with all levels of district employees, outside agencies, and the general public.
- High School diploma or equivalent (ex: G.E.D.)
Experience/Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Self starter with the ability to work independently upon receipt of general instructions
- Professional business communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written
- Effective organization skills with the ability to multi-task and work in fast pace environment
- Experience using Microsoft Word to create routine letters, documents and mail merges.
- Experience performing routine clerical tasks such as establishing and maintaining a file system, faxing materials, compiling and data entry of information from various sources with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of grammatical rules of construction and spelling conventions
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish required
Download Full Job Description